Sunday, June 8, 2008

DIANE CAMERON PRESIDENT OF COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS WELCOMES THE WEST AFRICAN GUESTS TO JUNETEENTH IN MOBILE, ALABAMA

DIANE CAMERON
PRESIDENT, COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
On behalf of the Community Connections Family, we extend our arms of welcome to our family.
We live in a Global Society...Our neighbors are next door or a continent away. Our prayers should not be just for our children...but also for the children we may never meet. When I eat a meal and drink clean water, I should be mindful that my neighbors across the waters may not have eaten in a week. When I am tempted to complain about the rain, I repent and remember that my sisters and brothers in other countries may be praying for rain. As musical artists, we are the modern day griot....we must sing the stories...the mantle is in our hands. Music is my contribution to my collective earth family....Its the least I can do....." Diane Cameron

No comments: